Idox Transport Icarus is a next generation traffic management solution that enables authorities to better manage traffic based on real time information and true predictions.
Icarus works as a reliable solution that integrates with existing traffic systems and other data sources to gather traffic information in real time that helps authorities to better visualise, strategise and manage rural, highways and city centre roads more efficiently.
Icarus eliminates the conventional technological approach that dealt with public transport and other traffic individually. Now authorities can obtain public transport and traffic data available from a unified portal for enhanced traffic management.
Icarus is powered with proven functionalities and technologies enabling it to record, store and interpret data of accidents, incidents, events, journey times and other traffic data.
To achieve accuracy, Icarus deeply integrates with data from different sources including Journey Times Engine, ANPR, detectors, Bluetooth, TomTom, etc. to cross reference and ensure multimodal cross pollination of data.
Key Benefits of Icarus
- Gives more eyes to strategise and overcome alarming congestion problems
- Allows to maximise the value of investments
- Supports flexibility, integration and scalability for easier implementation of new technologies or components over time
- Wherever possible, supports elimination of unnecessary hardware to vastly reduce the ongoing maintenance cost
- Each installation can be specifically tailored to an Authority’s requirements
- Swiftly integrates with existing traffic systems eliminating the need for a fresh assembly thus keeping the cost to minimum
- Offers strategic control to plan and execute strategies on congested road networks using real time traffic data
- Maximises reuse of components and services, concentrate integration effort and reduce costs
Key Features of Icarus
- Deeply integrates with real time traffic data from desperate sources
- Fully web-based and can be accessed through any internet enabled computer or device
- Open system, fully automated, and flexible for future vertical and horizontal expansion with capability to integrate with other systems
- Capable of bringing network information from the UTMC systems
- Interprets and complies with standards based data exports/imports, and interfaces simplify provision of data to/from third parties
- Directly populates disruptions, incidents and accidents, roadworks and events from UTMC and overlays with live vehicle tracking
- Allows users to set up and manage other users. Different levels of authority / access can be given to individual users
- Data is presented as both icons located against a map-based background and in tabular format to permit a user to add events or incidents as they occur
- All components of the solution include comprehensive logging and audit trail functionality
- The architecture is designed to facilitate the adoption of new components and services through the service broker
To know more about the features and benefits of the Icarus - RTI, Download PDF.
For more information or to arrange a demonstration,