Road networks are governed by a wide range of intelligent transportation systems. These systems persistently record critical travel and traffic information for transport stakeholders and the travelling public. However, diverse systems deployed across different networks do not share a common, standard data transfer solution, which in turn affects efficient information exchange.
To combat this challenge, Idox Transport has designed Data Broker, a single entity capable of gaining access to all available traffic and public transport information without unnecessary and expensive ‘one off' connections. It works with a wide range of intelligent transportation systems and data formats such as RTIG, SIRI, VDV, etc. to exchange traffic information between traffic centres, service providers, traffic operators and media partners.
Based on Datex II standards of data exchange, Data Broker is carefully designed to support FTP, HTTP, GET and SOAP requests. The main advantage of having Data Broker is its ability to sit between varying data standards such as RTIG, SIRI, VDV and seamlessly transfer data from one system to another.
Some of the benefits of Data Broker include:
• No need for endless expensive server to server connections
• Centralised data repository to receive and request data
• Service reliability ensured as data is automatically received from and disseminated to numerous 3rd parties
• Guaranteed lower capital and maintenance
• No need of endless single system connections
• Wider market and product set for available purchase
Some of its unique features are:
• Single interface for traffic and public transport
• Easily integrates, XML web service interface
• Supports two-way data transfer
• Integrates with over 30 different data sources throughout England and Wales
• Fully integrates with all other UTMC system providers
• Supports UTMC, Datex II, Freeflow, RTIG, VDV, CEN SIRI Journey Web & more
• Publish and subscribe supported
• Request and response supported
• Adheres to UK & European standards
• Integrates with NaPTAN, NPTEG & other associated UK standards
• Integrates with displays, kiosks, SMS, Traveline and many other systems
For more information or to arrange a demonstration,